Force: Air Force Careers
Career Opportunities in The US Air Force
There is a huge array of career and job opportunities available when
you join the United States Air Force. There is a strong misconception
out there that all jobs in the Air Force are
related to aviation and planes. That couldn’t be further from the
truth!!! If you have a high school diploma you won’t have any problems
finding something that will interest
Career opportunities in the USAF can be broken down into the following
primary categories: Enlisted Careers, Officer Careers and Healthcare
Careers. Each of these primary categories has several subcategories
as well. See below for more on each.
- Mechanical Careers – Keep some of the most sophisticated equipment
on earth in good working order.
- Administrative Careers – Manage operational aspects of daily
life on bases and other locales.
- Electronics Careers – Keep the Air Force in the air and on track
with technology that guides, flies, detects and drives.
- General Careers – These are jobs that don’t fall into any of the
other categories, such as linguistics, communications, biomedical
and so on.
- Flight Careers – Become a pilot, navigator, air battle manager or
choose another job type in the Flight Careers category.
- Technical Careers – Highly skilled
managers are responsible for design and operations
such as acquisition managers, weather officers, scientists and
- Non-Technical Careers – Also ensuring peak efficiency working in
intelligence, personnel, security and manpower.
- Specialty Careers – Integral positions such as lawyers, chaplains,
combat rescue and more will put your special skills to good use.
- Physicians – Lacking the usual business worries that their civilian
counterparts endure, USAF doctors provide top notch healthcare.
- Nursing – With a huge array of benefits, positions and locations,
USAF nurses vitally important caregivers.
- Dentistry – Also with fewer headaches than civilian dentists, becoming
a USAF dentist offers many benefits and opportunities.
- Biomedical – Many rewarding careers for pharmacists, health physicists,
dieticians, speech pathologists, optometrists, podiatrists and
- Administration – These detail oriented individuals keep the Air Force
medical offices and facilities running smoothly.